Can you imagine a world without trees? There would be no shade, no trees full of birds singing wonderful songs, and nothing for kids to climb. Without trees, the world would be a very different place. Unfortunately, due to overuse of this natural resource, some places are already facing this issue. We cut down trees for so many things, and even though some trees are planted to take their place, it takes years for them to grow. Future generations may face a shortage of everything we rely on trees for. This is why tree conservation is so important.
There are a lot of things you can do to help conserve and protect our trees. This includes planting new trees, of course, but it also includes much more. Below are a number of resources that will go into more detail on tree conservation, its benefits, and what you can do to help save our trees.
What is Tree Conservation?
- What is Tree Conservation? – The geeks at WiseGeek talk about tree conservation, including its goals.
- Strategies for Tree Conservation – ScenicAmerica discusses why tree conservation is important and how to educate yourself on the topic.
- How to Conserve Trees – These instructions from eHow includes a list of things you’ll need to begin implementing tree conservation methods.
- Tree Preservation – The Tree Preservation organization works to preserve and protect one tree at a time.
- Forest Conservation Facts – Learn about saving the forests and what you can do to help protect the woodlands of the earth. Some of the statistics in this article are shocking.
- Print Grows Trees: Conservation and Paper – This organization looks at tree conservation and forest management through the eyes of the paper industry.
- Forests for Life – The World Wildlife Federation provides information about tree conservation, the importance of forests, and how to protect trees.
Benefits of Tree Conservation
Tree Conservation Ideas
Tree Conservation Activities for Kids
Conservation Groups & Programs